Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Curacao Summer 2009




Earlier this month Jordan and I took a much needed kid free vacation!! (A very special thank you to the Mayo's and Grammie... we couldn't have done it without ya'll!!) We have taken one small weekend trip to Vegas since we had B, but this has been our first out of the country, big week long vacation since we have had B & K. I don't think we new how much we needed it until we were sitting on the plane to Miami drinking mimosas and bloody mary's!!! We had an absolute blast.

We stayed at a resort that had two different properties on the island. We spent three nights at the hotel that was at the very north end of the island. It was a gated property that was very secluded and nestled into a little town. I believe there were only 40 rooms on this site, so it was very laid back and relaxing. Curacao is known for its diving so most of the people at this resort were there to dive. That meant we had the place to ourselves most of the time. It is a Dutch island, so they speak Dutch, English and their very own language which is mix of Dutch, Spanish and English. It was very interesting to listen to them talk. I believe we were only one of two parties there that actually were American so it made for a very unique, but fun experience. We didn't do much when we were up at that resort but relax, drink and eat!! We did venture out one day and did a snorkeling trip to a really cool cave and a ship that sank. The cave was a little creepy for me, but once I got in there it was awesome.

View from our resort

The beach at our resort


Views from our room





Dinner one evening over looking the water

The other resort owned by Kura Hulunda in in downtown Curacao. It is comprised of a bunch of old homes that the owner bought and turned into a hotel. Every afternoon that had a happy hour out in the middle of the property with live music. We mainly walked around, shopped, ate and drank when in city. Their downtown is very pretty and the port goes right through the middle of the city. Here are a few pics of where we stayed the the city itself.

Our room was the little green building



Downtown

Sunset before out last dinner and evening

One of the few pics I will post of us!! My flat iron would not work down there (even though they had the right plugs- so I spent the trip with windy hair!!)

I also have on a new necklace and earrings that Jordan got for me while we were on the trip. He called it my taking care of the kids, taking care of the house and putting up with him gift!!

3 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Wow- looks like a great trip and looks like you had a wonderful time!! Very pretty resort also!

Garla said...

Looks like the perfect vacation spot! I can tell you two had a great time! (Is that a sunburn I see Elizabeth???)

Jane said...

Wow! That looks fabulous...I am so jealous. :) Gotta love those kind of presents!