Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kaitlyn Marie



I can't believe that my baby girl is already 1!!

To celebrate Katie's birthday, Brennan decided we needed to go have pizza and cake. In his little almost three year old mind all birthday's should involve pizza and cake!! So the night of her birthday, Dad, Mom, Brennan, Katie, cousin Connor and Grammie all headed to Peter Piper Pizza for pizza. My mom and Connor were spending a couple of days with us, so we spent most of K's birthday shopping and having fun. We spent the rest of the weekend at my Mom's with the rest of the Mayo family celebrating K's and Mary's birthday. I think it is so awesome that Katie and my sister Mary share the same birthday (hence the Marie!!). I can't wait to celebrate their birthdays together for years to come.
Katie's 1st Birthday Cake



I bought this outfit when I think she was 6 weeks old!! Yes, I am as shocked as the rest of you that I love it.



It's seems like just yesterday that our lives changed once again for the best and we were told "it's a girl"!! I had convinced myself that we were having another boy, so I was completely shocked when she arrived. I should have known when the c-section was scheduled for my sister's birthday that it had to be a girl. Katie has brought so much joy and happiness into our lives. In so many ways she is just like her brother was, but they are also very different in other ways. I hope that the love they share for each other right now continues as they get older and they have as much fun as they do now. That is all the sappiness that you are going to get out of me right now, I will share the rest for K.

Happy Birthday Miss Kate Marie... I love you very much.









ps..thanks Amanda again for capturing K so well. I love each and every pic.

1 comment:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Ahh- such cute pictures!! I love them! And I see she now has her top 2 teeth- I don't think she had those at the 4th did she? Very cute! Happy 1st Birthday Katie!! Oh and Addyson does the same thing with birthdays- she thinks they all involve cake and a bounce house!